There are many things that Texas is known for, and there is no debating that one of the best things is the beautiful backdrop that it provides.
If you love to soak it in the great outdoors, you are in for a treat here in the Lone Star State. Finding the perfect trail to hike, or even a new adventure to forge is only a walk or short drive away. Texas is full of the perfect places to pack up and go for a hike.
Wide Open Country ranks these spots as the best places in Texas to go for a hike:
1. South Rim Trail – Big Bend National Park
2. Lighthouse Trail – Palo Duro Canyon
3. Guadalupe Peak Trail – Guadalupe Mountains
4. Kirby Trail – Big Thicket National Preserve
5. Summit Trail – Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
6. Gorman Falls Trail – Colorado Bend State Park
7. East Trail – Lost Maples State Natural Area
8. Four C National Hiking Trail - Davey Crocket National Forest
9. Sculpture Falls Hike - Barton Creek Greenbelt
10. Eagle Point Trail – Caprock Canyons State Park
You can find more places to go on an thrill seeking hike by visiting Texas Parks and Wildlife.
Source: Wide Open Country